Thursday, February 9, 2017

Outdoor Training

It's nice to train outdoors, you get plenty of fresh air and sunshine, usually. However, it has rained the last two evenings which makes crawling in the grass less fun. At least the carport was dry so I could do other stuff without getting wet or falling and busting my ass.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 25 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
I don't know why I didn't workout yesterday except that I went to be late and got up late. Oh, it was really wet in the carport, too. Anyway, I slowed around this morning and had to make my training time short so I only meditated for 5 minutes instead of 10. I also didn't do my planned direct ab work again. Performance prep went fine. Total prep time was 20:17 which was nearly 2 minute longer than Tuesday! I don't know why since I was trying to hurry and I did the exact same movements.

Started my swings with my right hand today. I actually felt strong with the 44lb bell. I could have done a couple more sets at that weight. I think I'll move up on my next training day. I didn't go up today since I didn't train yesterday.

Get ups with the 44 felt better but I don't think I'm ready to do anymore sets at that weight yet. I wasn't wobbly and didn't tweak anything but still. I want to be really solid and easy with the weight before I add more sets with it. Total kettlebell time 19:57. I only got 6517 steps yesterday despite volunteering at the varsity lacrosse scrimmage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.