Saturday, October 13, 2018

A Few Days Off

I accidentally took off five days. Not exactly sure what happened. I started to workout Wednesday but didn't. Then the remnants of Hurricane Michael came through. My carport workout area didn't dry out until today.

I was wondering if I was doing something funky on my getups which might be pinching nerves and leading to my hands falling asleep at night leading to nearly unbearable pain, tingling almost burning. When I woke up Wednesday my hands felt fine. But this morning back to the pain stuff so it probably wasn't getups.

Warm Up Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 35lbs.
  4. Bird Dog 3x5
Simple and Sinister
  1. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 4x10x44lbs
  2. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2x10x53lbs
  3. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 4x10x44lbs
  4. Turkish Get Ups 2x1x35lbs / side
  5. Turkish Get Ups 1x1x44lbs / side
  6. Turkish Get Ups 2x1x35lbs / side
Cool Down
  1. 90/90 Stretch 90 seconds per side
  2. Shin Box Switch 90 seconds
  3. QL Straddle - 90 seconds per side
Warm up felt good. It was cool outside but I got a light sweat going by the end. Knees felt fine. Hip gradually got loosened up. Total time 13:07.

First four sets of swings with the 44lb felt light and easy. The two heavier sets of swings were a bit challenging but okay. Last four sets felt light and my heart rate didn't sky rocket. Get ups were fine too. Really concentrated on my positions and keeping my shoulders packed. Total kettlebell time 23:23.

Took more time with my cool down, specifically on the shin box switches and the QL Straddle. The 90/90 is hard. Really hard when my left leg, the one with the bum hip, is back. Just need to keep working it. It will all get better with time. QLs are pretty pitiful too, I'm really tight. Cool down time was 8:17.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.