Saturday, October 6, 2018

Yesterday and Today

Wednesday I was feeling sore and tired. I didn't want to skip a day of training in the middle of the week, so I used lighter weights and cut my sets/reps by 20 percent. I had hoped I would feel good to go on Thursday but I still felt drained and worn out, so I took the day off. Yesterday I went back to my normal weights and full sets and reps as prescribed in Simple and Sinister.

Warm Up Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 25lbs.
  4. Bird Dog 3x5
4/5ths Simple and Sinister
  1. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 10x10x44lbs
  2. Turkish Get Ups 5x1x35lbs / side
I skipped the cool down as the family was going out to dinner and I didn't want to hold everyone up. Overall a good session. Warm up was12:50, kettlebell practice was 23:40 total.

Today I intended to do yard work then practice my kettlebells. However, after cutting the front yard, trimming low hanging branches on the magnolia tree and hauling the branches from the front yard to the back of the driveway in the midday heat I didn't have the energy. Plus my hip was hurting quite a lot. So no kettlebells today. But I have already walked nearly 9000 steps. Yard work took just over an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.