Tuesday, October 2, 2018

What Is Simple

What is Simple? For men, it is using a 32kg kettlebell to do 100 one handed kettlebell swings in 5 minutes, followed by 1 minute of rest before doing 10 Turkish get ups (5 per side) in 10 minutes. Simple but not easy. That's the goal I'm working towards with my daily practice.

Warm Up Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 25lbs.
  4. Bird Dog 3x5
Simple and Sinister
  1. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 10x10x44lbs
  2. Turkish Get Ups 5x1x35lbs / side
Warm up was as per usual. Nothing new to say except I think next week I'll try doing Goblet squats as prescribed. Total warm up time was 13:35.

The kettlebell practice was still hard today. Again, I was fasting but not as long as fast as yesterday. I had to take extra rest for the last 2 or 3 sets of swings. I'm doing swings in EMOM fashion (Every Minute On the Minute), takes about 15 seconds to do 10 swings leaving 45 seconds of "rest". During that "rest" I walk around and shake it off.

One of the suggestions in the book Simple and Sinister is to not go for the goal time standards every practice session. Cool I was following that with the Swings, 10 minutes rather than 5, but I was making myself complete the 10 getups in 10 minutes day after day! Silly me! I added an extra 15 seconds to my timer for each set of get ups thus giving me 45 seconds of rest which is the same as swings on most sets. 

I wonder, my work:rest ratio on swings is currently 1:3. On get ups before today it was about 1:1, today it was 1:1.5 work:rest ratio. I wonder if I should match the get up ratio of work to rest w/ my swing ratio? Things to ponder and perhaps try out soon. Total kettlebell time was 23:25.

Skipped cool down as I had a meeting for work to attend about 15 minutes after finishing the above. Quick shower and change, even though it was a webex meeting, because I didn't want to sit around in funky, soaked with sweat clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.