Monday, October 1, 2018

Fasted Evening Simple and Sinister

Today all I had to eat was black coffee, coffee w/ Laird Superfood (original flavor), bone broth and water. Once I got home I did have a couple of grapes, a couple of handfuls of cashews and one homemade pancake. Didn't have time for it to digest before I went outside and got my training on and it showed.


Warm Up Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 25lbs.
  4. Bird Dog 3x5
Simple and Sinister
  1. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 10x10x44lbs
  2. Turkish Get Ups 5x1x35lbs / side
Cool Down
  1. 90/90 Stretch 60 seconds per side
  2. Shin Box Switch 1 minute
  3. QL Straddle - 90 seconds total
Warm ups were good. No pain, no issues. I think my squat is getting better. Really, really worked to get my hips high to open up my hip flexors. Felt good. Total warm up time 13:50.

As I got to about 6 or 7 of the kettlebell swings my energy took a nose dive. I had to really focus and push to maintain power. Had to take a longer break in between the last few sets, too. Just a few extra seconds. Same for the get ups, the last 4 reps were a grind. I think I was going to fast on the my way down. Got sloppy on one of the reps. I made it through then walked it off instead of collapsing on the ground. I think Christmas Abbott would be proud of me for that, she talked about doing that after her Crossfit workouts in Iraq on a recent episode of her Building a Badass podcast. Total kettlebell time 21:24. I was sweaty AF.

After walking around the driveway for a bit I did my proper stretching cool down. I have so, so far to go to gain flexibility in my hips, hamstrings and quads. I should do some work on my feet and ankles, too. Total cool down time 6:03.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.