Sunday, October 14, 2018

Cool Sunday Afternoon Kettlebell Practice

It is a cool afternoon, cooler than one would expect for mid-October in South Carolina - 66°F. I slept late and read a lot this morning. Once I got up and started moving around I decided I should make the weekly run to Costco before training. So that's what I did.

Movement Prep Giant Sets
  1. Goblet Squats 3x5x35lbs.
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 35lbs.
  4. Bird Dog 3x5
Simple and Sinister
  1. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 4x10x44lbs
  2. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2x10x53lbs
  3. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 4x10x44lbs
  4. Turkish Get Ups 2x1x35lbs / side
  5. Turkish Get Ups 1x1x44lbs / side
  6. Turkish Get Ups 2x1x35lbs / side
Cool Down
  1. 90/90 Stretch 90 seconds per side
  2. Shin Box Switch 90 seconds
  3. QL Straddle - 90 seconds per side
I'm going to start thinking (again) not about warming up but in terms of movement preparation. I did goblet squats today. First time in a long time. They sucked. I'm really going to have to work on this movement. Need to really focus on the hip bridges, not just go through the motions. Halos and bird dogs were fine. Total prep time was 12:46.

Kettlbell practice was pretty good. On the sixth set I started feeling fatigue high on my right glute/low on my back on the right. I focused on generating power throughout and achieving a standing plank at the top of my swing with everything tight. Get ups were pretty easy. No problems I that I recall. I was really breathing super hard and sweating profusely despite the cool temperatures once I was done. Total simple and sinister time 23:32.

After I finished my kettlebell practice I walked around the driveway for a few minutes before starting my cool down stretching. The 90/90 felt a little better but still a long way to go. My left hip was really hurting on the shin box switch when I was facing left with the inside of my left leg facing up. Pain, pain, pain. QL straddle again a little better. Just got to keep working on these things. Total cool down time was 8:02.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.