Sunday, October 7, 2018

Heavier Weight for 20 Percent of My Sets

Got outside late in the morning and spent a while sweeping the carport and driveway. I thought I was going to have to take my son to work at noon, but he got a ride with his sister who surprised me by coming up from ATL yesterday afternoon. So, no need for me to keep puttering around to avoid being interrupted during my training.

Warm Up Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 35lbs.
  4. Bird Dog 3x5
Simple and Sinister
  1. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 4x10x44lbs
  2. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2x10x53lbs
  3. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 4x10x44lbs
  4. Turkish Get Ups 2x1x35lbs / side
  5. Turkish Get Ups 1x1x44lbs / side
  6. Turkish Get Ups 2x1x35lbs / side
Cool Down
  1. 90/90 Stretch 90 seconds per side
  2. Shin Box Switch 90 seconds
  3. QL Straddle - 60 seconds per side
During warm ups initially my squat was feeling pretty pitiful but it got better as the sets went on. I think I'll switch from assisted squats to goblet squats next week. Also, I increased the weight on the Halo from 25lbs. to 35 pounds. Total warm up time was 13:58.
Now for the kettlebell practice. I decided to increase the weight on swings for 20 percent of my reps. So I did the first 4x10 swings with the 44lb bell, then 2x10 swings with the 53lb bell, finished with 4x10 at 44lbs.. I also increased the weight for 20 percent of my gets ups. So, 2x1x35lbs, 1x144lbs and 2x1x35lbs. I'll stay here for at least another couple of days and then bump up the weight on another 20% of sets/reps. Total kettlebell time 23:31.

Spent a little more time with each of my cool down movements. I was sweating profusely. I was able to work into the stretches pretty well. Better than when I started but still a long way to go. Total time 7:02.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.