Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Deadlifts, Cleans and Snatches

I got up at 0415 this morning after turning off the TV and lights sometime between 2330 and 0000. Somehow I still managed to be a couple minutes late for my Crossfit Elements class at Swamp Rabbit Crossfit. I laid out my workout clothes, packed a bag with work clothes and toiletries last night. I should have also prepared the coffee pot ahead of time. However, it was mostly just my own slowness and generally poor estimates of time required to complete stuff.

Anyway, the box was packed this morning. We went outside with our coaches of the day, Jessica and a guy whose name I don't recall and who is not listed on the coaches page, and split into two groups to warm-up. The warm-up consisted of doing

  • Walking lunges
  • "Inch worms"
  • More walking lunges
  • Air squats 
  • Squatting on one leg with the other leg crossed over the supporting leg at the knee for 20 or 30 seconds per leg.
I think the other ( and younger ) half of the class did some high knees and butt kicks, too. After the warm-ups we went back inside and proceeded to work on learning.

After we worked on those skills with extremely light weights. We went through our workout of the day, a five minute AMRAP of 
I only made it through one round. My whole core, front and back, cramped up like CRAZY! All of the work we did today required strong core which has been one of my weakest points since I was a teenager. I was hurting too much to pay attention to how many rounds other people in the class completed. I really enjoy these types of workouts even if I'm far, far from being fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.