Friday, December 6, 2013

Many Crossfit Skills

I think I'm getting a little more fit even with just four Crossfit Elements classes. I'm still a long, long way from fit. However, I feel really good today. Yesterday evening, 20131205, at Swamp Rabbit Crossfit we learned or reviewed a lot of exercises. The same two ladies I had my first class with and I were again coached by Brandon.

Warm Up Routine

  • Shoulder mobility work w/ PVC pipe
  • Hurdle Over/under width of gym and back
  • Air Squats
The exercises we learned we only did a few reps of each.
It seems like we did one or two more exercises but I can recall what they were.  I really sucked at jumping rope. I used to be able to jump rope but you wouldn't have been able to tell that last night. I must practice. After that we did our WOD of the day which was AMRAP in ten minutes of
  • 10 Air Squats
  • 10 Abmat Sit-ups
  • 10(?) Walking Lunges
  • 10 Push-ups
  • 05 Burpees
Once again the two women I was working out with beat me in the WOD. The 30-something runner probably did 5 rounds. The 20-something curvy girl was on her fourth round. I was just starting my third round of Burpees when Coach Brandon called time. I guess I shouldn't feel too bad, after all I'm 10 - 20 years older than either of my exercise companions.

It was unseasonably hot and humid last night. This also made the painted concrete floor pretty slick. So slick that my back foot occasionally slipped a little during lunges, so slick that I had to put my feet against some stacked mats to do my push-ups. The gym is undergoing renovations, including resurfacing the floors so hopefully this won't be a problem in the future.

So, I've finished my four Elements classes. I can take two more regular classes and then I'll have to make a decision about joining Swamp Rabbit or another Crossfit affiliate. I'm leaning more towards one closer to home but I'll need to visit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.