Monday, December 30, 2013

Moderate Intensity Evening Workout

I am once again following the Bodyweight Blueprint for Fat Loss. Today was a moderate intensity ( HAHAHA! ) workout.

Warm Up: Intu-Flow 9 minutes

5 Rounds As Many Reps as Possible of
  • Kneeling Push Ups 45 seconds
  • Rest 60 seconds
  • Hip Bridge 45 seconds
  • Rest 60 seconds
  • Side Plank Left 45 seconds
  • Side Plank Right 45 seconds
  • Rest 60 seconds
  • Split Squat Left Leg Back 45 Seconds
  • Split Squat Right Leg Back 45 Seconds
  • Rest 60 seconds
Cool Down: Prasara Yoga 14 minutes

I had a notion to do a couple of sets of light weight, high rep kettlebell swings after my WOD and before my cool down. However, in my presently shall we say undertrained state, this workout was challenging enough just as it is. Notice I chose to do kneeling push ups. I knew I couldn't do 45 seconds of regular push ups for 5 rounds.

I also did the side planks on my forearm and knee instead of the more traditional hand and foot position. The split squats replaced 1-legged squats. Even scaled down this was plenty challenging enough. Think you're in shape? Give it a try. If it's easy I can provide the more challenging variants of each exercise. There are at least 3 and sometimes 4 more challenging forms of each exercise provided in the program.

I can feel my muscles, that's for sure. I hope between this moderate workout and tomorrow's high intensity one I don't make myself as sore as I did with my brief Crossfit experiment. BTW, I was again tempted to skip this workout since it had gotten so late in the evening. Then I thought about how well I slept the last two nights and wanted that good sleep again. Also, friends would be looking for my post in our exercise and weight loss support group on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.