Sunday, December 29, 2013

Warm Walk in the Sunshine

It was much warmer than I expected when I went for my walk today. As I walked the clouds started to clear and the sun was beaming down on me. I didn't need the gloves I wore, which I wished I had worn yesterday. After about a quarter of a mile I took them off. After a about a mile and a quarter, I took off my sweatshirt. It took me 42 minutes to walk two miles. That's slow but to be expected given my low level of fitness. I know it will get better over time.

After I got home, I did a Prasara Yoga recovery routine from the Bodyweight Blueprint for Fat Loss. I am very, very tight. It is going to take a lot of work to improve my flexibility. I even got a cramp in my right hamstring just getting into a simple kneeling pose! Tomorrow I'm going to do a moderate intensity workout from the BB4FL that includes an Intu-Flow warm up and a Prasara cool down. I'll do a couple of sets of kettlebell swings, too.

BTW, after yesterday's workout I slept like a log! Just 40 minutes of walking and 20 minutes or so of Intu-Flow joint mobility work and my sleep improved tremendously. I've got to keep that in mind when I'm tempted to skip a workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.