Thursday, August 7, 2014

Worst WOD So Far

Didn't get to box in time to do my extra warm up.

Start up
2rds
Walking front kicks
Walking heel grab
Walking hip opener
20 PVC good morning
120m run

Strength
1. Emom 5
    4 Front squat @ 65% of 1rm
2. Emom 5
    4 tng dead lifts @ 65% of 1rm

W.O.D
4RFT
4 mutant makers 145/75 (hang squat clean to thruster)
25 hrpu
25 unbroken double unders(if you break or trip up before 25 you must start over) RX2-25 double unders, mod 2/1 scale unbroken.

Finisher
90 sec of L Hang or L sit
1 min overhead band distraction
30 sec parallel arm stretch per side
30 sec of mod y hold per side

The start up went okay. I need to work a little harder on the heel grabs and hip openers. My front kicks are kinda low. I guess I need to work on increasing my mobility and flexibility for all of those. The strength portion was good. I did the front squats w/ 135# which was 65% of my 205 max. My problem w/ the front squats is getting a good rack position, again should mobility. I did the deadlifts w/ 180#, 65% of my 275# max from last week.

The the WOD. This sucked. I gave up after two rounds. I never got 10 consecutive single unders let alone 50. Double unders are way, way in my future. I really felt dejected. I should have kept on with the mutant makers and the hand release push ups for the whole four rounds. I won't give up again. I did the finisher but had to break the L Hang into sets of 10 seconds for the total 90 seconds. I skipped my extra yoga cool down. I just wanted to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.