Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Push and Pull

No Intu-Flow just a little extra shoulder mobility with PVC pipe and lacrosse ball before the start up.

Start up
4 rounds
5 Inch Worms
Row or Air Dyne 10 calories

Strength
Strict press
Week 3
Pull your chart(see coach for loads)

Metcon
15-12-9 (7 min time cap)
Pull up
Push up

Rest 2 mins

12-9-6 (7 min time cap)
Chest to bar pull up
Hand release push up

Rest 2 mins

9-6-3 (7 min time cap)
Bar muscle up
Handstand push up

Or choose to do the following as a mod

18-12-6 (7 min time cap)
Box dips
Decline push up

Finisher
2 min plank hold
Stretch

It is pretty amazing that I'm still strong even though I haven't worked out with heavy weights until just a month ago. My sets on the strict press today were 5@120#, 3@135# and then 7@150#. A younger guy I was lifting with who has been training for months only got 6@155#.

Then the metcons. I did jumping pullups. I should probably start using the band next time we do pull ups. I finished both of the first two metcons in under 4 minutes. I don't recall the exact times, I'll have to look at the board in the box when I go back tomorrow. The push ups in the first metcon were crazy hard! For some reason the hand release push ups in the second metcon were easier.

I can't do muscle ups yet so I did the box dip/decline push up version of the third metcon. My arms were wasted. I did the box dips unbroken but I could only do 9-6-3 of the decline push ups. I couldn't hold the plank for two minutes straight but I got a total of about 2:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.