Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Row Burpees Jumprope How Hard Can It Be

Barely made it to the box in time to change. No time for extra warm up before the start up.

Reps
Courtesy of the 5:30am-ers

Startup
AMRAP 6
5 situps
20m run

WOD
'The Ghost'
6 rds
1:00 row for cals
1:00 burpees
1:00 dubs
1:00 meditate (rest)

Finisher
Stretch & roll

So the start up was As Many Rounds As Possible in 6 minutes of 5 situps and 20M runs. I didn't keep track of my rounds. The last two rounds I know my abs were cramping up something fierce.

The WOD was "The Ghost". It looks easy but it was HARD. You're trying to get as many reps as possible of each exercise in a minute. What made it even worse is my woeful competency with the jump rope. I've just got to work on my jump rope skills outside of the gym. I only got 154 reps total. I should have take a picture of my tally that I wrote on the floor w/ chalk so I would know reps of each exercise. I finished up with my normal Prasara Yoga cool down since no specific stretches were prescribed.

I'm crazy sore from all of the push ups and pull ups yesterday. You've got no idea until you do that many reps of push ups and pull ups how much those moves involve your abs. So my entire upper body and core are just fried. I wanted to do the squats I missed Monday but Coach Derrick says tomorrow will be a tough leg day so I let it slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.