Thursday, August 14, 2014

A WOD in My Wheelhouse

I was happy to see today's WOD when I looked at the Distinct Crossfit website this morning. It was centered around front squats and deadlifts! I prefer back squats, but any squat and deadlifts cater to my strengths. Plus the rep range was good for me. I didn't get to the box in time for my intu-flow but I did do a little extra hip and shoulder mobility prior to the startup.

Start up
On The Minute (OTM) for 6 Minutes
Even 2 Suicides
Odd 8 Burpees

Strength
OTM for 5 minutes
4 front squat 70% of 1rm

Metcon
9-7-5
Deadlift 245/155
Handstand push up
(Mod box, bar on rig or 2 abmat max)

at the 9:00 min mark

9-7-5
Front Squat 135/95
Toe to bar

Record time for each metcon

Finisher
Walking heel grab
Walking knee grab
Chest opener

The burpees in the start up were killers. I don't think I've ever done as many burpees as I've done in the last month. I think I'm getting a little better at them. I did the strength portion front squats with 145#. Four squats every minute for 5 minutes doesn't seem hard but it really is even with a comparatively light weight.

I did the first section of the Metcon with 185# for the deadlift. I was being overly conservative, 205# would have been better. I may even have been able to do it with the Rx 245#. I've never done Hand Stand Push Ups (HSPU) so I did push ups in a pike position with my feet on a 24 inch box. I finished 3:02.

I started the second metcon at the Rx weight of 135# but I struggled so I dropped down to 95# for the 2nd & 3rd rounds. I probably could have done 115# for all three rounds. Still can't do toes to bar so I did hanging knee-ups instead. Changing weight and fatigue caused my time for this section to go up to 4:22.

No yoga today. I just did the listed finisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.