Friday, March 7, 2014

Basics Week 3 Day 3

Chin-ups: Repeating Week 2 Day 3
Push-ups: Repeating Week 1 Day 3
Squats: Week 3 Day 3

Intu-Flow warm up routine from the BB4FL 7 minutes.

Plan: 5 Rounds with 120 second rest between rounds

Assisted Chin-ups 4, Australian Pull-up 5, Assisted Chin-ups 6, Australian Pull up 5,  then 1 Max Hang & Negative Chin-up
Push-ups 8,10,7,7 max ( at least 10)
Squats 22,29,20,21 max ( at least 25 )

Actual: 5 Rounds with 120 second rest between rounds

Assisted Chin-ups 4, Australian Pull-up 5, Assisted Chin-ups 6, Australian Pull up 5,  then 1 Max Hang & Negative Chin-up
Push-ups 8,10,7,7 max => 13,2
Squats 22,29,20,21 max => 31

17'50"

6 Minute Abs

  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
Total time 26'30"

I messed up and did the Prasara recovery routine instead of the cool down. : 13'29".

I felt good after this whole thing was over. I should have done it yesterday. I feel like I'm decreasing my "assistance" on the chins and really working my back and arms more. The Australians hit my lats hard! Maybe I should have been repeating Week 2 of push-ups on level 2. Oh well. I easily got the first 4 sets. The max set I did 13 reps then took 3 deep breaths before squeezing out two more reps.

Squats still have me huffing and puffing. I "laddered down" my squat reps. For example on the last set 10 reps - 3 deep breaths - 8 reps - 3 breaths - 6 reps - 3 breaths - 4 reps - 3 breaths - 2 reps - 3 breaths - 1 rep = 31 total reps. That was 1 rep less than last time. I just collapsed and caught my breath for two minutes before moving on to ab work.

I slowly did my crunches. My abs didn't cramp up as much as they did on Tuesday. But I was so beat down that I just stretched out on the floor on my side, sweating like a pig and heaving for breath. Finally I got to the CVEs and squeezed out 10 reps. Can you say exhaustion? 5 simple exercises beat me down. Finished up with some yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.