Saturday, March 1, 2014

Back 2 Basics Week 3 Day 1

Intu-Flow warm up routine from the BB4FL 8 minutes.

Redo week 2 level 1 for chin-ups. Go back to week one of push-ups but and try level 3 again. Continue on too week 3 of squats and stay on level 2.

Plan: 5 Rounds with 90 second rest between rounds

Assisted Chin-ups 4, Australian Pull-up 2, Assisted Chin-ups 5, Australian Pull up 3,  then 1 Negative Chin-up
Push-ups 10,12,7,7 max ( at least 9)
Squats 16,22,17,17, max ( at least 22 )

Actual: 5 Rounds with 120 second rest between rounds

Assisted Chin-ups 4, Australian Pull-up 2, Assisted Chin-ups 5, Australian Pull up 3,  then 1 Max Hang & Negative Chin-up
Push-ups 10,9,4,4 max => 12
Squats 16,22,17,17, max => 30

18:18 minutes to complete the five rounds.

Then 6 Minute Abs

  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
Total time for calisthenics and abs 26 minutes.

Prasara Yoga cool down 15 minutes.

I had to regroup after the second round. I was supposed to do 12 push-ups but only got 9. Therefore, I dropped down to level two of the 100 Push-up routine. I did pretty good on the chin-ups. I concentrated on using the least amount of assistance I could. I was even able to hang a little longer on the last set.

Squats are still a real cardiovascular challenge. I want to focus on getting my reps without pausing for breath at all. Oh, I almost forgot. I upped the rest between rounds to 120 seconds starting after the second round. I think that is still quick enough to promote fat loss but long enough for maximum strength and muscular endurance training effects.

I finished up with the Prasara Yoga cool down from the BB4FL. Some of the hardest poses for me, like the pigeon pose, actually felt good to do today. Tomorrow I will do Intu-flow mobility work and a nice long walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.