Sunday, March 9, 2014

Basics Week 4 Day 1

Chin-ups: Week 3 Day 1
Push-ups: Repeating Week 2 Day 1
Squats: Week 4 Day 1

Intu-Flow warm up routine from the BB4FL 7 minutes.

Plan: 5 Rounds with 120 second rest between rounds

Assisted Chin-ups 6, Australian Pull-up 4, Assisted Chin-ups 5, Australian Pull up 5,  then 1 Max Hang & Negative Chin-up
Push-ups 9,11,8,8 max ( at least 11)
Squats 24,30,22,22 max ( at least 34 )

Actual: 5 Rounds with 120 second rest between rounds

Assisted Chin-ups 6, Australian Pull-up 4, Assisted Chin-ups 5, Australian Pull up 5,  then 1 Max Hang & Negative Chin-up
Push-ups 9,11,8,8 max => 8,5,2
Squats 24,30,22,22 max => 41

19'56"

6 Minute Abs
  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
Total time 28'00"

Prasara cool down routine: 15'00".

This was a good workout. Rounds 2 and 4 were done outside. I think I'm doing better on the assisted chin-ups, not using as much assistance. The australians really pump my back muscles, which feels really good. I know I could do more reps of them but I'm sticking to the plan.

I was doing really well on the push-ups until I got to the max set. I don't know if it was my mind or really muscular fatigue. I paused at 8 reps, then cranked out 5 more, paused then cranked out 2 final reps for a total of 15 reps. That matched my last max set but then I did 13 and 2. Of course I did a 4 more reps total leading up to the max set per the plan.

Squats were good. I still need to focus on getting rock bottom and keeping my knees out. I worked the same rep ladder: 10,8,6; 10,8,6,4,2; 10,8,4; 10,8,4; then 10,8,6,4,2,1,2,4,4. I only paused long enough between reps on the ladder to take three deep breaths then on to the next group of reps. I think next time I'll do 10,9,8,7 and so on like that.

The main part of the routine took 2 minutes longer than last time. I'm not sure why. I thought I was moving pretty quickly. I didn't take extra rest. I don't think I did two minutes worth or extra reps but maybe I did. after a two minute break I did the 6 Minute Abs from the Four Hour Body. I finished up with the prasara cool down from BB4FL.

I feel extremely good right now. I must dial in my diet. Exercise is a must, but to really make a difference in my weight and fat loss diet is the key. My plan is to eliminate wheat and follow the Slow Carb Diet with Saturdays as my cheat day. Also I will use an Eat Stop Eat 24 hour fast once or twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.