Monday, March 17, 2014

Basics Week 4 Day 3

Chin-ups: Week 3 Day 3
100 Push-ups: Repeating Week 2 Day 3
200 Squats: Week 4 Day 3

Intu-Flow warm up routine from the BB4FL 7 minutes.

Plan: 5 Rounds with 120 second rest between rounds

Assisted Chin-ups 7, Australian Pull-up 7, Assisted Chin-ups 6, Australian Pull up 6,  then 1 Max Hang & Negative Chin-up
Push-ups 12,13,10,10 max ( at least 15)
Squats 31,38,31,31 max ( at least 45 )

Actual: 5 Rounds with 120 second rest between rounds

Assisted Chin-ups 7, Australian Pull-up 7, Assisted Chin-ups 6, Australian Pull up 6,  then 1 Max Hang & Negative Chin-up
Push-ups 12,13,10,10 max => 6,5,4
Squats 31,38,31,31 max => 45

26 minutes, 4  minute break then

6 Minute Abs
  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
36 minutes total.

Prasara yoga cool down: 15 minutes.

This was not one of my better workouts. I took 3 minute breaks between rounds 3 & 4 as well as in between 4 & 5. I took a 4 minute break between my last round of calisthenics and the ab work. That's only 4 extra minutes but the entire calisthenics and ab routine took 36 minutes which is 7 minutes longer than Saturday. That means I used 3 more minutes for which I cannot account. By the way rounds 4 and 5 were done outside as normal, however it was quite cold, misty and windy.

Saturday I did have a 5 hour energy about 30 minutes before I started my workout. But that really couldn't account for the difference. Furthermore, my previous calisthenic rounds were all under 20 minutes. I guess it was just a less than optimal day. Every workout can't be better than the last no matter how much we try.

I was disappointed with my max set of push-ups. I had to break it down in 3 segments. I actually started hitting the wall in the third round of push-ups but did better in the fourth. But I was shot in the last round. I did hang longer on the max hang/negative chin-up. I really feel good on the Australians.

I kept to my breakdown pattern for squats 10-9-8-4 for the sets of 31; 10-9-8-7-4 for the set of 38; and barely eked out 10-9-8-7-6-5 for the set of 45. Crazy hard, just crazy.

I need to refocus on slowing down the myotatic crunches. I was pretty slow, but I think I can go slower. I might be able to add a light weight after another week. Finished up with Prasara yoga cool down from BB4FL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.