Saturday, March 15, 2014

Basics Week 4 Day 2

Four days of slacking off. Time to get busy after a day of sitting out in the sun watching my son, Isaiah, play in a lacrosse tournament.

Chin-ups: Week 3 Day 2
Push-ups: Repeating Week 2 Day 2
Squats: Week 4 Day 2

Intu-Flow warm up routine from the BB4FL 7 minutes.

Plan: 5 Rounds with 120 second rest between rounds

Assisted Chin-ups 6, Australian Pull-up 5, Assisted Chin-ups 6, Australian Pull up 5,  then 1 Max Hang & Negative Chin-up
Push-ups 10,12,9,9 max ( at least 12)
Squats 27,34,27,27 max ( at least 38 )

Actual: 5 Rounds with 120 second rest between rounds

Assisted Chin-ups 6, Australian Pull-up 5, Assisted Chin-ups 6, Australian Pull up 5,  then 1 Max Hang & Negative Chin-up
Push-ups 10,12,9,9 max => 14


Squats 27,34,27,27 max => 46

20 minutes, 3  minute break then

6 Minute Abs
  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
29 minutes total.

Prasara cool down: 15 minutes.

It's amazing how hard the primary part of this simple workout can be. I was barely getting my breath and heart rate down near normal during the two minute rest break between rounds. CRAZY I tell you CRAZY! By the time I finished all five rounds all I could do was collapse on the floor and gasp for breath for three minutes. 

Then I did the 6 minute ab routine. The total time for calisthenics and ab work was 29 minutes. The five rounds of calisthenics took 20 minutes. Get this I did 171 squats! That's CRAZY! I did far fewer chin-ups/autralians ( 23 ) and push-ups ( 54 ), but that's still a significant amount of upper body work. It's a significant amount of work in 20 minutes in my opinion.

When I got to the ab work my quads were so tight, so exhausted that I could barely keep my position on the bosu ball for the myotatic crunches. And my breathing and heart rate quickly soared even though there is really not a lot of movement to the exercise. A 1 minute breather then I was on to the stomach vacuum or CVE. The first couple of reps had me feeling light headed but I persevered. 

I collapsed again for a couple minutes once I completed the ab work. I moved on to the yoga. I'm glad I did as it stretched out my quivering muscles and helped me get my breathing and heart rate back under control. Now I'm doing my part of dinner prep, broiling wild salmon filets, and I can barely stand. I'm just exhausted. I don't even know if I can eat. I just want to drink some more water, take a shower and collapse into bed either with a book or a couple of episodes of some show on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.