Saturday, November 29, 2014

CT-50 CT10 Challenge

I had started doing Neila Rey's 30 Days of Change. It's a program focusing on bodyweight exercises and running. As it turned out, even level one was too much for my old, aching joints. So, I made an impulse buy of Tyler Bramlett's CT-50 program. It appears to be a well designed program of exercise progressions. If I can actually make it through this program it should prepare me for a return to Crossfit which is really what I want to do. Also, if I can take 20 pounds off with this program I should be able to run with much less pain.

The first thing to do with this program is do the CT10 Challenge to determine what level I should start on. I was pretty sure I should start on level one of five but I did the challenge to make sure. If I completed more than 400 reps I would need to do the level 2 challenge on my next workout and so on until I reached a challenge where I couldn't do more than 400 reps.

30 seconds per exercise, 4 rounds, 90 second break between rounds.


  1. Bodyweight Row          9, 7, 9, 7 = 32
  2. Down Dog to Up Dog  10, 8, 7, 6 = 31
  3. Jumping Jacks 2            5, 26, 23, 22 = 96
  4. Reverse Crunch           10, 10, 10, 8 = 38
  5. Kneeling Pushups        10, 9, 9, 9 = 37
  6. Face the Wall Squat      7, 8, 7, 8 = 30
  7. Sumo Deadlift               5, 8, 7, 8 = 28
Total reps was 292. The numbers for the first round are kinda suspect. I tried to go through the entire round without writing down reps so those numbers are a guestimate. I used a 20 pound kettlebell for the Sumo Deadlifts. We'll see how it goes but I feel good right now. Monday I'll do CT01.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.