Sunday, June 28, 2015

An Amazingly Cool Workout

No picture of my dashboard thermometer today. However I can say that it is 83°F and feels like 81°F. The humidity is only 30%! After such a hot, humid couple of weeks with high temperatures in the mid to upper 90s w/ humidity over 50% and often over 70% this is a pleasant change. So, I made sure I took advantage of it and got my training done.

Warm Up Walk 0.60 miles in 12:19 for average speed of 2.9 mph.

Calisthenic Circuits 14:00 minutes.
The Practice



I've really got to work on the pictures of the chalk records of my training. Not doing a good job lately.

Today's training is 20 minutes of kettlebell swings performing a set Every Minute On the Minute (EMOM). You can see the numbers above. I did 16 reps on each of the last 10 sets which was as I planned after Friday's training. This felt good, not extremely difficult. Next time on the third group of 5 sets I'll do 16, 17, 17, 17 and 17. Then I'll stay at 17 reps for the final 5 sets.

Once again I took about 2.5 minutes to get myself started on the Turkish Get Ups. Part of it was cueing up some workout music. I will cue my workout music before I get started. The reason I didn't have workout music during the swings is because I was following along with Tracy Reifkind's Workout #3, watching and listening to her via YouTube. 

Once I got started at about the 22 minute mark, I cranked out my my seven sets in about 13 minutes. Total kettlebell time 35 minutes which was an improvement of 2 minutes and I actually did a little more work since I did 10 more reps of swings, 275 total. Feeling good right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.