Friday, June 26, 2015

Another HOT HUMID Workout

Damn it was hot this afternoon when I started working out!



Right before I snapped the above picture the gauge read 100°F. And my truck was parked in the shade! Anyway I got home and got down to it. Thankfully before I got finished, clouds rolled in and the wind began to blow. Felt better but I was still so sweaty you could read the outline of words on my shirt  in the sweat stain I left where I had been supine on the concrete floor as I did getups. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Warm Up Walk 0.64 miles in 13:00 for average speed of 2.9 mph.

Calisthenic Circuits 14:00 minutes.
The Practice


Dang another hardly readable picture. Guess I need darker chalk and/or brighter light.

I stepped up to Tracy's Workout #3 just as I had planned. However, I didn't do the maximum prescribed reps. I did do the full 20 minutes, but stuck at 15 reps for the last 10 sets (10 minutes). I keep trying to get my break between the swings and turkish get ups down to 1 minute but it always seems to creep up to between 1.5 and 3 minutes. Today was no exception.

Anyway, I was quite wobbly on the very first rep. My wife was sitting outside in the carport where I train drinking a glass of wine. She said something to me and I tried to respond. I think that broke my concentration. I also got a little loose on the last set. I had to correct and pack the arm holding the kettlebell back into my shoulder socket.

Oh, I forgot. my hands were so slippery with sweat during the swings that I had to keep toweling them off and toweling off the kettlebell handle. Even so, on one rep I lost my grip with my left hand as I was swing the bell up. I just turned it into sort of a one hand swing then re-gripped with both hands and finished the set. Total kettlebell time 37 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.