Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Find Inspiration Where You Can

I wasn't feeling like doing my training today. It was a rough day at work. Plenty of disappointments. On top of that all bad news with the crazy stuff at the pool party in Texas and the young man who committed suicide after being wrongly imprisoned for 3 years WITHOUT a trial. I was just feeling down. Came home and stretched out on the bed and listened to episode 174 of Half Size Me. That was enough to get me up and out of the door.

When that finished, as I was warming up I listened to The Super Strength Show interview with Robby Robinson. Robinson was one of my bodybuilding heroes back in the day. His interview got me totally pumped up for the meat of my training. I did things a little different today. I shortened my walk and spent some time practicing with my jump rope.

Warm Up Walk 0.27 miles in 6:26 minutes for average speed of 2.5 mph.

Jumped Rope 7:17 minutes, really bad. I need a lot of practice.

FMS Corrective Exercises and Calisthenic Circuits 34:02 minutes.

The Practice
I had a good session overall. Did all the reps as prescribed in Tracy Reifkind's Workout #3. Tried opening my hands a bit at the top of the swing, when I remembered, to give my grip and forearms a bit of rest. Focused on getting my hips back and keeping my shins vertical. I really think my cardio fitness is increasing.

I added a set of get ups as planned. Felt strong and fluid doing them after the first set which was a little wobbly. I'm tempted to increase the weight, but I'm gonna hold off until I'm at 10 sets up of getups.

Total kettlebell time 41:55 which was quite a bit slower than the last workout. I didn't rest extra long between swings and getups. Surely the extra set of getups didn't take an extra 4 minutes. I don't know where I lost the time. Started doing some extra rolling of my hip flexors but my calves and feet started cramping up so I called it a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.