Friday, June 5, 2015

Commitment and Consistency

My wife and oldest son went to visit Duke today and still weren't home by the time I got home. My daughter was at work. I took my youngest son to an end of school party at a nearby skating rink. I'm free! I have the house and time to myself. What did I do? Why I got my workout on of course!

Warm Up Walk 0.66 miles in 15:40 minutes.

FMS Corrective Exercises and Calisthenic Circuits 29:49 minutes.

The Practice
Everything was good and going according to plan with my swings until the 17th set. I could feel my grip getting tired. Then on the 18th set my grip gave out at about 14 reps. I set the bell down for a couple of seconds then hoisted it back up and got in 4 more reps for a total of 18 w/in the allotted 30 seconds. I regrouped and imagined I was Bud Jeffries doing hundreds of swings non-stop and got a full 20 reps on the 19th set. Something threw me off between sets 19 and 20 and I ended up taking longer than a 30 second rest. Got in a full 20 on the final set.

I took about a three minute rest between swings and get ups. I think I'm gripping and positioning the bell better. My hips are more flexible, making the sweep of the extended leg easier. Did all seven sets and wasn't too wobbly. Finished the kettlebell routine in 41 minutes. Big improvement over last time when I went for 48 minutes. I even got in 4 more reps of swings clocking in at 303. BTW, this is Tracy Reifkind's Workout #3.

When I was done, my shirt was so wet it might have come out of a washing machine! But it was stinky and dusty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.