Monday, January 30, 2017

Monday Morning Kettlebell Practice

I got plenty of sleep over the weekend. Took some megadoses of vitamin C, too despite there being little evidence of the efficacy against the common cold. However, I feel better. I know it's anecdotal and a "N of 1" experiment, but oh well. I was good enough to go today so I did.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side 
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 25 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
Good prep, good training session overall. Felt really good to get loosened up, to be outside in the sunshine and cool crisp air. Original Strength resets really make me feel good. When I don't do at least one reset a day I can tell the difference. Total prep time 20:37. Cold and breezy enough that I kept my sweats on for the entire training session.

On to Simple and Sinister. Did all sets of swings one handed. Felt strong. Good form and power through all sets. Get ups were strong. The sets with the 44lb kettlebell were hard but better than the first couple of times I did them. I'm going to stay with this set, rep, weight scheme for at least another four days. Total kettlebell time 20:20. Only got 3018 steps yesterday, already have more today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.