Thursday, January 26, 2017

Warm Sunny Kettlebell Practice

Was outside meditating before starting my kettlebell practice. I had just finished when I got paged by work. *SIGH* Went and took care of that. An hour later I was back outside and got started with my training.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side 
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 25 lbs.

6 Minute Abs
  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10

Simple and Sinister

  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 10 x 10 x 35 lbs R, L
  • Turkish Get Ups 5 x 1 x 35 lbs per side
Began my performance prep with my normal OS Reset. The best feeling part today was crawling. Damp grass isn't fun to crawl in but I was moving quickly and I could feel so many parts of my body working. This is really good stuff. Need to refocus the Founder and make sure I'm really pulling forward with my hands and back with my hips. Also, did my direct abdominal work. Total prep time 24:21.

On to kettlebell training. After the prep I was warm enough, especially since I was training in the sun, to remove my sweats and trained in shorts and short sleeve shirt. Oh, I forgot to mention that I've started doing the arm bar during my preparation with a 25lb kettlebell. My right shoulder just is not as strong as my left one. I wonder if I'm going to have to have surgery on it at some point in the future. I sure hope not.

Anyway, the swings were good. I need to make sure I focus and exhale sharply on the explosive up swing and inhale on the way down. Also, I noticed myself getting "squatty" at times rather than getting a good hinge. Got to make sure I don't do that. I think a little soreness in the front of my left hip and some deep in the "socket" were causing that.

Felt pretty powerful on my get ups. I think about the 4th set my right arm and shoulder were getting a bit more wobbly and my right tricep was burning when holding the kettlebell in my right hand. Overall the get ups felt good. Solid when returning to kneeling. Good hip hinging. Breathing easily. Total kettlebell time 19:58. Only got 7739 steps yesterday which was pretty good considering the pain my hip was giving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.