Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Rainy Night Simple and Sinister Practice

Man I cannot tell you how good this daily training is making me feel. My hip was hurting a bit today.
I almost skipped today's session. But the rest of me feels so good! Out I went just as it started raining. Of course it was humid enough to practically swim through the air, but it was a gentle rain not blowing into the carport making things slippery.

Warm Up Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 20lbs.
  4. Bird Dog 3x5
4/5ths Simple and Sinister
  1. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 8x10x44lbs
  2. Turkish Get Ups 4x1x35lbs / side
Cool Down
  1. 90/90 Stretch 90 seconds per side
  2. Shin Box Switch 1 minute
  3. QL Straddle - 2 minutes total
So another session done. I'm taking things slow. I could do ten sets of swings now, but I'll wait until Saturday before ramping up again. I don't know why I am so surprised this routine makes me feel so good, that's exactly what it is supposed to do. It is designed to increase strength, stability, and mobility with minimum effort. 

My warm up was a little longer today. I took it slow, I got twinges in my right knee the first couple fo sets of squats but it was fine the third set. Total warm up time was 15:17 which was 2.5 minutes longer than yesterday.

Swings were solid and powerful. Looking at the chart of my heart rate the last few sessions I'm getting in better shape as my average heart rate was lower today, than any of the last three sessions. Total kettlebell time was 17:11.

Then on to the cool down. You may have noticed that I have an extra exercise in my warm up and cool down. The bird dogs are in the warm up because I have low back and glute issues from an old injury. The shin box switches are complimentary to the 90/90 stretch and I also have hip issues so the extra mobility work is good. Cool down time was 6:02.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.