Saturday, September 29, 2018

Sorta Sweat Angel

I had to do some work in the middle of the night Thursday night/Friday morning. I couldn't start my part until after 0030. Consequently I got way less than 6 hours of sleep. Therefore, I did not train yesterday.

Got more sleep last night, just over 6 hours. Still not the 7 hours that is my goal, but I needed to get my body moving.

Warm Up Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 25lbs.
  4. Bird Dog 3x5
Simple and Sinister
  1. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 10x10x44lbs
  2. Turkish Get Ups 5x1x35lbs / side
Cool Down
  1. 90/90 Stretch 90 seconds per side
  2. Shin Box Switch 1 minute
  3. QL Straddle - 90 seconds total
Warm up was good. I actually forgot to do bird dogs during my first giant set so I tacked on an extra set of 5 bird dogs after the last giant set. I upped the weight on the halo to 25 lbs. from 20 lbs. All else was the same. Knee felt better during squats today. This video of @barbie_crossfit (AKA Virginie Rousseau) coaching her mom's squat helped. Didn't rush my warm up and it took 14:30 minutes.

Today I also upped the sets of swings to the full 10 sets that are required by Simple and Sinister. Did the full five sets of get ups that are required, too. Didn't change any weights. Felt good. Got me sweating enough and tired enough to get me to stay on my back a minute once I was done and  leave a "sorta sweat angel" where you can read some of the letters from my shirt outlined in sweat on the concrete and even on my exercise mat. Total kettlebell practice time 21:00 minutes.

I think the 90/90 stretches and shin box switches are helping w/ my hips already. QL straddle is still a big challenge.  Just got to keep working on it. Cool down time was 6:03 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.