Monday, September 24, 2018

Cool But Sweaty Kettlebell Practice

This is my third day of 7 sets of swings and 4 sets of getups. I think I'll bump up my swing sets to 8 tomorrow. Working from home today so I decided to practice around lunch time instead of after work. It was really cool, 71F, but I still managed to work up a sweat.

Warm Up Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 20lbs.
  3. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  4. Bird Dog 3x5
4/5ths Simple and Sinister
  1. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 7x10x44lbs
  2. Turkish Get Ups 4x1x35lbs / side
I'm using very little assistance on the squats. But occasionally I get a twinge right down the front middle of my right knee. I think this is as I mentioned the patelar tendon. But by the third giant set of warm ups it felt fine. It is amazing how the kettlebell halo seems to work all the muscles of the shoulder girdle. Warm up time was 12:16.

Swings felt solid. I will go up to 8 sets tomorrow. I feel like I'm getting my strength back on get ups, but I'll wait until I'm doing the full 5 sets before I start increasing the weight. I'm thinking ahead, like I'm figuring out when I'll switch over to one hand swings, what weight I'll use, etc. But I'm just going to focus on what I need to do today and this week. I'll let next week take care of next week. Total kettlebell time was 16:07.

Also, I'm a little sore but not nearly as sore as one would think I should be after training 9 out of the last 10 days. I didn't get a full 7 hours of sleep last night, but close I got 6.75 hours worth. Decided that was good enough but I really need to shoot for at least 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.