Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Often I Feel I Should Do More

I didn't take time to write up my practice session yesterday. It was a good session and even though I increased my sets of swings by 1 to 8 sets I still felt like I should do more. Well, I'm skipping ahead a bit.

I got started late as I cooked dinner after getting home around 1830 last night. Then I took my son to his driving lesson at a local driving school. Got to get that car insurance discount! So I began my warm up at 2035.

Warm Up Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 20lbs.
  4. Bird Dog 3x5
4/5ths Simple and Sinister
  1. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 8x10x44lbs
  2. Turkish Get Ups 4x1x35lbs / side
Cool Down
  1. 90/90 Stretch 90 seconds per side
  2. Shin box switch 1 minute
  3. QL Straddle - 2 minutes total, couldn't hold either direction long

I skimmed through Simple and Sinister again the night before. I wanted to re-read the section on daily training. Picked up a lot more. For example that I was doing the hip bridge and halo out of order. Yesterday I put them in the correct order. I also decided to start doing a bit of a cool down with the recommended two stretches.

I didn't really time the QL Straddle. I'm really tight in that position. The limiting factor is tight hamstrings. I'll have to work on that. But my total cool down time was 6 minutes so I'll guess I did 90 seconds total each way.

Warm up time was 12:46, kettlbell time was 17:10. As I alluded to earlier, I get a few weeks into S&S and I want to start adding other exercises like loaded carries or presses or the like. I feel like I should be doing more! I'm going to hold myself back and just focus on daily Simple and Sinister until I achieve the Simple Goal, for which I'm going to need to order some more kettlebells. Simple goal is one hand swings and getups with a 32kg bell. Largest I have right now is 24kg and I'm not even doing one hand swings yet this go around. I'll be patient, just put in work and let the "program minimum" do its work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.