Thursday, September 27, 2018

Sweating Out Frustration

I was experiencing so much frustration on the job that I couldn't wait until the even to train. I had to get my kettlebell practice in at lunch time so that I could have some hope of actually doing something productive this afternoon. Thankfully my job is good enough so that I can work from home, as I was doing today, so that I could just walk out into my carport and get my exercise on.

Warm Up Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 20lbs.
  4. Bird Dog 3x5
4/5ths Simple and Sinister
  1. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 8x10x44lbs
  2. Turkish Get Ups 4x1x35lbs / side
Cool Down
  1. 90/90 Stretch 90 seconds per side
  2. Shin Box Switch 1 minute
  3. QL Straddle - 90 seconds total
The weather was pretty good today, 83°F but feels like 88°F and with a good breeze. Warm up felt good. Nothing new. Took my time again, really tried to sit in the squat as low as I can w/o pinging my knee, but still working to open my hips. Also really worked to lift hips and stretch out the hip flexors. Warm up time was 15:30.

Swings felt easy. About ready to go up to 24kg, but I'll put in my full week of 10 sets next week before I do. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and order a 28kg and a 32kg soon. Wonder if I should skip the 28 and just order a pair of 32s? Or be conservative and order a pair of 28s? Get ups feel easy w/ the 16kg. Again, I'll wait until I've got a full week at the recommended set/rep combination. Total kettlebell time 17:00.

Cooled down with the same brief routine. When I have my right leg forward my left hip, the troublesome one, really limits my position. All I can do is keep working it. And again my hamstrings are really tight and also my groin muscles. I just hope daily practice of will cause an improvement in all these areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.