Saturday, June 29, 2013

20130629 Only Two Workouts for the Week Again


I was awake off and on from 0530 this morning. I should have gotten up but I kept reading and dozing off then waking up, repeat. Finally got up around 0700. Spent a few hours drinking coffee and water, playing games on my tablet and doing chores around the house. Just finished my workout at about 1130.

  1. Two-legged Glute Activation Raises 1 x 20
  2. Flying Dogs 1 x 15 per side
  3. Kettlebell Swings
    • Point A 5 x 22 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Point B 5 x 22 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Swings 5 x 22 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Swings 30,30,20 x 32 lb t-bar homemade kettlebell
  4. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10 x 5 lb dumbbell
  5. The Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
I finished this work out in 25.8 minutes. I'm really happy with my progress on the kettlebell swings. I really focused on moving through the MCs slowly, getting a full stretch and a hard squeeze at the top. I focused more one the CVEs.

Four weeks until the beach! Got to get three of these workouts per week and swim at least twice a week. I'm doing better on the Slow-Carb Diet. I'm also reading a great book Eat Move Sleep. It's The Slight Edge approach to health. I only averaged about 4000 steps the last two days, not good.

Even with my inconsistent workouts and only being about 66-75% compliant w/ the Slow Carb diet on a daily basis I've lost seven pounds in two weeks! I really may drop below 240 by the time we go to hte beach as I'm at 254.6 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.