Monday, July 22, 2013

20130722 Outdoor Kettlebell Exhaustion

Last night I did some stretching with the Bretzel 1.0 and 2.0. I also did a couple of Turkish Get Ups for each side without any weights. I just wanted to get everything loosened up and ready to go for today.

It took me a longer time to get to my workout today than I planned but I got it in. When I started it was cool and cloudy. By the time I got to my kettlebell swings the sun had broken through the clouds!

  1. Two-legged Glute Activation Raises 1 x 20
  2. Flying Dogs 1 x 15 per side
  3. Turkish Get Ups
    • Strong ( right ) Side x 5 x 10 lb. dumbbell
    • Weak ( left ) Side x 5 x 10 lb. dumbbell
    • Strong ( right ) Side x 5 x 10 lb. dumbbell
    • Weak ( left ) Side x 5 x 10 lb. dumbbell
    • Weak ( left ) Side x 5 x 10 lb. dumbbell
    • Weak ( left ) Side x 5 x 10 lb. dumbbell
    • Weak ( left ) Side x 5 x 10 lb. dumbbell
  4. Kettlebell Swings
    • Point A 5 x 22.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Point B 5 x 22.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Swings 5 x 22.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Swings 30, 30, (8,17,5) x 32.5 lb t-bar homemade kettlebell
  5. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10 x 5 lb dumbbell
  6. The Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
I completed this workout in 69 minutes which was 3.5 minutes faster than my previous workout. I also used a heavier dumbbell, 10 lbs. rather than 5 lbs., for the TGUs. What I still haven't figured out is which side is really working the hardest during TGUs, the side with the arm holding the dumbbell or kettlebell or the side with arm you use to "post"?  I tried to limit myself to 1 minute between sets of TGUs.

On to swings where I tried to limit myself to 90 seconds between sets. I know I took longer between sets two and three and I still couldn't finish 30 straight reps in the third set, but I kept going with a couple of pauses to get the full 30 reps. Was still an improvement over last time as I did three sets of 25 reps then.



I need to slow down and really concentrate more on the Myotatic Crunches. After watching that video again, I really need to SLOW down. On the Cat Vomit Exercise, I need to really focus on pulling my belly button to my backbone. I'm doing good exhaling hard and completely. After watching that CVE video I realize I need to take fewer breaths, really only one full breathe, between reps. The last few reps I could barely hold myself up with my shaking arms, my triceps were cramping up! By the time I finished the workout I was laid out in my carport like these folks at Swamp Rabbit Crossfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.