Wednesday, July 10, 2013

20130710 Turkish Get Ups and Normal Workout

While I was at work today I started practicing the Turkish Get Up without any weights or kettlebells. It's harder than it looks, a real coordination challenge, plus it requires total body strength and flexibility. I use a program called Workrave to remind me to get up from my desk or if I'm standing to walk away periodically during the day. At least three times today I did TGUs.

I didn't get up and get moving early enough to workout before driving down to the office today. So, once I got home this evening I immediately changed clothes and got my workout in.

  1. Two-legged Glute Activation Raises 1 x 20
  2. Flying Dogs 1 x 15 per side
  3. Kettlebell Swings
    • Point A 5 x 22.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Point B 5 x 22.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Swings 5 x 22.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Swings 32, 33, 30 x 32.5 lb t-bar homemade kettlebell
  4. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10 x 5 lb dumbbell
  5. The Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
I got it done in 26.5 minutes. It was pouring down rain so I worked out under the carport. It was nice to feel the cool rain drops blowing on my skin, however it made for some slippery footing. Felt really good afterwards. Took my second cold shower of the day.

Slow carb diet all day. Haven't eaten any grains, cereals, pasta or breads since my Saturday cheat day. Haven't eaten any additional sugar and just a little cheese and fruit, not even two full servings of either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.