Friday, July 5, 2013

20130705 Minimalist Exercise

Four workouts on schedule! I'm really loving this very simple, minimalist approach to working out and losing fat. Could I do more? Sure I could. Will I do more in the future? Absolutely, my mind craves variety and eventually my body will, too. And while this workout is very effective, it is not for all around fitness and or muscle growth. Part of me hates this workout too because kettlebell swings are very taxing, Myotatic crunches are very hard, and the Cat Vomit Exercise ( kneeling stomach vacuum ) just is no fun at all.

The reason I say it's very effective for weight and fat loss is that I've dropped 10 pounds in the last 16 days. I did that when I was only about 66-75% compliant with the Slow Carb Diet, too. I'm going to dial that diet in for the next three weeks before our beach vacation. I might be able to drop another 20 pounds and go from 255.6 down to 235! If I even approach 240 I'll be ecstatic and 245 will make me very happy :-D

  1. Two-legged Glute Activation Raises 1 x 20
  2. Flying Dogs 1 x 15 per side
  3. Kettlebell Swings
    • Point A 5 x 22.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Point B 5 x 22.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Swings 5 x 22.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Swings 30,30,(21,4) x 32.5 lb t-bar homemade kettlebell
  4. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10 x 5 lb dumbbell
  5. The Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
I finished today's workout in 24.6 minutes, faster than Wednesday but no where near as fast as Monday. I feel like I wimped out a bit on the third set of swings and paused at 21 reps before getting 4 more. My back, glutes and thighs feel well worked. My left hip is still giving me problems, it's painful and still feels like it's going to give out on me sometimes when I'm walking. Speaking of which I only got 4147 steps yesterday. My goal next week is 5000 steps a day. I might be able to average 4500 steps per day this week.

I followed slow carb diet very well yesterday. For brunch I had shrimp and organic spinach sauteed in grass fed butter, eggs scrambled in grass fed butter, organic black beans. I had a couple of handfuls of raw almonds for snack. Dinner was broiled Tilapia filets & broiled summer squash and organic black beans. Later on I had some real american and swiss cheese followed by a couple of tablespoons of almond butter right before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.