Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Otterbox Defender Saved My Galaxy Nexus

Have I ever told you all that I can be easily distracted? Well I can. I stopped at a rest stop on my way to the office this morning, I have about a 45 minute commute. For some reason as I was walking back to my car I decided to check my email via my Galaxy Nexus  which I bought via Craig's List for a low, low price several months ago.

I get to the car and remember that I wanted to get a plastic grocery bag out of the trunk to put in the passenger compartment for trash. At some point I put my phone down on the roof of the car, instead of clipping it to my OtterBox Defender holster like I should have, and forgot about it. I'm sure you know where this story is going...

I drove slowly through the parking lot and then began to accelerate on the entrance ramp to the interstate. All of a sudden I hear thumping from the trunk and look into me rear view mirror to see my phone tumbling along the road behind me and coming to pieces!

I quickly pull over and walk back to my phone before someone runs over it. I collect all the pieces of my OtterBox and phone. But guess what? Even though the OtterBox came apart and the battery cover came off the Nexus...NOTHING BROKE! Not the case, not the screen of the Nexus, nothing! Yes, it got scratched up a bit but nothing broke and it is fully functional. The OtterBox snapped right back together and is once again protecting my phone. That's pretty F&$*#ing amazing! Thank you Samsung for manufacturing a tough phone. Thank you even more OtterBox because w/o my Defender I'm sure my Nexus would really have cracked to pieces!

1 comment:

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.