Monday, September 21, 2015

20 Minutes of Kettlebell Swings Plus 10 Sets of Turkish Get Ups

I can't seem to get up early enough to train prior to work. I got home after 1800 hours and was out doing my kettlebell routine by around 1900. It was a cool evening but I still worked up quite a sweat.

Warm up walk 0.54 miles in 11:17 for an average of 2.9 mph.

Warm up calisthenic circuits 5 reps per exercise,  (per side or direction if a unilateral type exercise) 11:50 minutes.
The Practice
Stepped up my swings to Tracy Reifkind's Workout #3. This routine is 20 minutes long. The goal is to work up through 15 sets to a maximum rep count of 20 reps. Then complete a final 5 sets of 20 reps each. I'm taking it slow to guaranteee success. After the normal ladder up to 15 reps in the first 10 sets, I did 16 reps for each of the final 10 sets. That made for 275 swings in 20 minutes which was 85 more swings than Workout #2 in just an additional 5 minutes.

Once again I took about a 1.5 minute break between swings and get ups. I blasted through 5 straight sets per side on the get ups. Then I took a short break to get a sip of water and re-chalked my hands. After that quick breather I powered through the final 5 sets of get ups per side. Felt good and strong though I was starting to get some slight cramps in my feet and abs after the first 4 sets. Total kettlebell time 37:50 which is less than 5 minutes longer than my last training session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.