Monday, September 7, 2015

One Day Hiking Next Day Kettlebells

Yesterday afternoon my spouse, my youngest son and I drove up to Devil's Fork State Park on the shores of Lake Jocassee. We took a short 2.5 mile hike along the Bear Cove Trail. While it was a short hike there were a lot of hills to climb and descend. I think one of the climbs was at least a quarter mile long. But about half way through the 2.5 mile loop we had a great view of the lake.


We took our stuff to swim but we got started late in the day. After we got back to our starting point we ate a very late lunch. Once we were done no one was jazzed to swim so we just headed back to Greenville.

Today I slept in again. I've slept in every day of this long weekend. BTW, I was happy with my weight yesterday it had dropped all the way down to 249.4 pounds. This morning I was all the way back up to 253.0 pounds. It's got to be fluctuations in fluid retention. I've just got to keep putting in the work.

Warm up walk 0.59 miles in 11:00 for an average of 3.2 mph.

Warm up calisthenic circuits 5 reps per exercise,  (per side or direction if a unilateral type exercise) 12:17 minutes.
The Practice


Did Tracy Reifkind's full Workout #2. I felt good doing those sets every minute on the minute (EMOM). The fifteen reps were just enough. A good challenge but not too much. I'm going to stick with this for at least two more sessions before moving back up to Workout #3. I'll ladder up to the full 20 reps just as I did with the 15 reps the past couple of weeks.

Only took about a 1.5 minute rest after finishing the swings before starting the Turkish Get Ups. I was determined to shave a little time off of these. Still took me 20 minutes but I did manage to shave a bit off. Last time my total kettlebell times was 36:38, today was 36:07 so I did move a little more quickly through the get ups. I don't feel like I'm resting excessively but it sure would be nice to get the time for them down to 15 minutes. IIRC, Simple and Sinister calls for 10x10 swings followed by 10x1 (per side) get ups in 30 minutes with a 1 minute break between swings and get ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.