Thursday, September 24, 2015

Another Late Evening Kettlebell Session

I didn't leave work last night until well after 1900, maybe even after 1930. By the time I got home, changed and began my workout it was 2031. I almost postponed my training. But I remember Tim Ferriss' interview on his podcast with Triple H and how Triple H get's his training in late at night. I decided to get it done. However, I was too tired to write this up last night.

Warm up walk 0.54 miles in 11:24 for an average of 2.8 mph.

Warm up calisthenic circuits 5 reps per exercise,  (per side or direction if a unilateral type exercise) 13:23 minutes.
The Practice


I increased my reps just a little bit again last night. After the first 10 sets, which build up to 15 reps per set, I went up to 16 reps on the 11th set and then 17 reps for every set thereafter until I completed a total of 20 sets in 20 minutes. Again, these sets are done EMOM. Total reps of swings was 284.

I probably took about a 2 minute break between the swings and the get ups last night. Then I moved as quickly as I could through 5 straight sets of get ups before taking a brief pause to get a sip of water and to re-chalk my hands. Finished up the final 5 sets. Total time 39:11. That was about a 1.3 minutes longer than my last session, but I'll attribute that to the late hour and the fact that I had fasted all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.