Saturday, September 5, 2015

Nice Weather for an Evening Kettlebell Session

I slept in a bit today. Got up at 0830. Around 0930 I put on my workout clothes. What time did I start working out? Oh about 1727. HA! As it turned out, due to the crazy storm we had last night the weather was pleasant instead of oppressively hot as it usually is this time of day in September in South Carolina. It's only 82°F and feels like 83°F and the humidity is only 54%! There's a slight breeze blowing, too.

Warm up walk 0.54 miles in 10:57 for an average of 3.0 mph.

Warm up calisthenic circuits 5 reps per exercise,  (per side or direction if a unilateral type exercise) 11:46 minutes.
The Practice


Warm ups were good. Proud of the 3.0 mph walking speed. Completed my calisthenics a little faster, too. Increased my reps a bit on swings by doing 14 reps on the last two sets of the second group of 5 sets, and then sticking with 14 reps during the final 5 sets. Monday I'll step up to 15 reps and do Tracy Reifkind's full Workout #2. The swings are done one set every minute on the minute so it took 15 minutes to complete them.

I also stepped up on the Turkish Get Ups. I did a full 10 sets per side after taking only about a 1.5 minute break once I completed my swings. So it took me about 20 minutes to do all the get ups. That feels like too long. I am going to try to shave some time off of that. Total kettlebell time 36:38.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.