Friday, February 14, 2014

Overestimated Pushup Ability

Still on the basic routine. Last time I thought I had chosen my level for squats and pushups poorly. Turns out I overestimated my ability to do pushups.

Plan: 5 Rounds with 60 second rest between rounds

Chinups Assisted 3,5,4 then 1 negative and 1 max hang/negtative
Pushups 10,12,8,8, max ( at least 12)
Squats 13,16,13,13, max ( at least 16 )

Actual:  5 Rounds with 60 second rest between rounds

Chinups Assisted 3,5,4 then 1 negative and 1 max hang/negative
Pushups 10,12,8,8, 8
Squats 13,16,13,13, 20

Then:

Myotatic Crunch 1x10
CVE 1x10

As you can see I failed to get the required number of reps on my max rep pushup set. I had to rest/pause to even get 8. In fact it was a struggle to get 8 reps on the 4th set. Squats were fine. So it looks like on my next workout I need to use level 1 for chinups, level 2 for pushups and level 3 for squats. I probably would have known this if I had actually done the tests before starting the routines as recommended. Too impatient and head strong!

The four hour body ab routine makes my abs burn every time even with such low reps and sets. The key to visible abs is diet not endless sets of crunches and other ab work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.