Saturday, February 1, 2014

Phase One Complete

After skipping exercise yesterday ( I got up late, drove to Clemson and back for work, and the boys had TKD testing last night - Hooray for the new Red Belts! ) and procrastinating this morning I just finished up my workout. It was the final workout of the 28 day Phase One of the Bodyweight Blueprint for Fat Loss. Tomorrow I need to do a full Intu-Flow session then take a day off before starting Phase Two.

Warm Up: Intu-Flow 8 minutes

Five Rounds 45 seconds per exercise with 30 seconds rest between rounds.

Frogger to Standing => 8,7,6,6,5
Swing Split to Table Thrust => 5,5,5,4,4
Side Plank to Scorpion => 6,6,6,6,7
Split Squat to Pillow Twist => 6,6,6,6,6

These five rounds took 20 minutes.

Cool Down: Prasara Yoga 15 minutes

I did more reps of each exercise in the same amount of time as my last moderate day and my last high intensity day. I'm getting in better shape! I tell you what, even though I did the fewest reps in the fifth round the fourth round was the hardest. I was so exhausted by the start of the fourth round that it took mental focus to get through it. The fifth round was hard but I knew it was the last so it was easier mentally.

I'm sore. I'm tired. This workout is so hard because every single exercise uses almost the entire body. It's crazy how taxing these seemingly simple exercise can be. If I remember correctly, the next phase is about strength more than metabolic conditioning and fat loss. I really appreciate the combination of mobility, conditioning, strength and flexibility work. I tried for years to cobble together such a routine but the guys at Bodyweight Coach put it together professionally. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.