Saturday, February 15, 2014

Walking Should NOT Hurt

Walking should NOT hurt. But sometimes it does. It did today. I walked 3.38 miles in 1 hour and 18 minutes. Somewhere around 1.5 miles my hips started aching. Probably at about 2.25 miles my ankles, achilles tendons and feet began aching. At least I had turned toward home and only had about a mile further to go. At least neither my lower back or knees were hurting. I'm glad of that! I am already over 10,000 steps!

I think this aching is the result of various joint injuries playing football and basketball, lifting heavy weights for years and being more or less overweight for years. It is imperative that I shed pounds and take pressure off my joints.

Earlier today I did an Intu-Flow recovery routine from the BB4FL. I think I will alternate between Intu-Flow and Prasara Yoga on the days when I'm not doing my back to basics workout. Oh, the snow is almost gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.