Thursday, February 13, 2014

Long Walk in the Snow

Set off for a walk this morning. We have several inches of snow on the ground. Thanks to my sister, Charlotte, I had some shoes that actually kept my feet dry. She was getting rid of stuff before moving to Florida last year and she actually gave me a pair of hiking shoes that I could stuff my big old feet into even with two pairs of socks on! Thanks, Sugy!

Anyway, my spouse and I walked 2.72 miles in 1 hour and 10 minutes. Pretty slow but walking in the snow and ice is kinda' hard. You're always slipping, even minutely, and having to regain your footing. Plus you can't walk too fast because you're being careful not to slip and take a big fall. Glad we got it in. Got nearly 5000 steps in, too. Was nice looking at the snowy landscape and it wasn't too cold.

Oh, btw my quick but intense workout yesterday has my arms, back, chest, shoulders and core sore! Wonder what I'm going to feel like on Friday? Plus I just spent 30-45 minutes shoveling heavy slush off my driveway. At least it had gotten warm enough for me to do my shoveling in a short sleeve T-shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.