Sunday, February 16, 2014

Scaled Back on Push Ups

Since I could not complete the required reps for level three of the 100 pushups routines last time. I scaled back to level two. I kept on level one for chin ups and level three for squats. I started out with the Intu-Flow warm up routine from the BB4FL.

Plan: 5 Rounds with 60 second rest between rounds

Chin-ups Assisted 4,5,5 then 1 negative and 1 max hang/negtative
Push-ups 8,10,7,7 max ( at least 10)
Squats 15,20,13,13, max ( at least 18 )

Actual:  5 rounds, 1st rest was 60 seconds, the other three rest periods were 90 seconds.

Chin-ups Assisted 4,5,5 then 1 negative and 1 max hang/negative
Push-ups 8,10,7,7, => 5,3,2 max set w/ pauses
Squats 15,20,13,13,  => 22 max set

I postponed the ab portion of my workout so I could make the Piedmont Humanist meeting. I'll get it in later today.

Chins are still very, very hard. The negative and max hang/negative are really pitiful. They will get better in time. Even though I stepped back on the pushup routine, I still struggled to get 10 reps on the last. Squats were right on target. Cardiovascular distress was the main reason I stopped at 22 reps on the squats.

The Intu-Flow warm up took 7 minutes. The calisthenics giant set took 13 minutes and 41 seconds. Add on the six minute abs routine and that's still under 30 minutes total. On days when I'm not pressed for time it would be good to add on the Prasara Yoga cool down and the whole thing will still be under 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.