Saturday, July 19, 2014

24 Minutes of Hell

Yesterday I did my first official Crossfit workout at Distinct Crossfit. It was a cool rainy afternoon. The coolness was great, the humidity not so much. I listened to some rock music at high volume in my truck on the way to get pumped up. I got there so early prior to the 1715 class that I sat in the parking lot for a while and watched about half of the original Nasty Girls video, which was the first Crossfit video I remember seeing online. I got there early to sign any required papers.

Even with that I was still way early! I spent about 15-20 minutes warming up before the WOD started.

Intu-Flow Warm Up and extra shoulder and hip work: 16 minutes.

The WOD

Start up
1 min of each 30s per side on stretches
Couch stretch
Hamstring stretch
Hip opener

W.O.D
3 rds
40/20
Agility ladder
Ball jax
Rope slams
Box hop overs
Ball slams
Tire sledge
Cone runs/shuttle
Farmers carry

Rotate stations. Cycle through 3 times.

Finisher
Stretch and roll

Prasara Yoga Cool Down: 16 minutes

I'll leave it to the reader to look up the exercises in the WOD. We did three rounds of the eight exercises. We performed each exercise for 40 seconds and rested 20 seconds during which we moved to the next station. This doesn't look to hard but trust me it is. Midway through the second round I felt on the verge of throwing up. Luckily I recognized it and throttled back and kept myself just under that vomit level of intensity. This probably had more to do with my general lack of conditioning than anything else.



And guess what? The box owner and head trainer said that this was a "recovery-type" workout! Man, a full bore high intensity and/or heavy weight workout will be MURDER! Anyway, I did my normal Prasara Yoga cool down after it was done. I felt energized once it was all over and I had downed a good quantity of water.

Once I got home and had a shower the tiredness hit me. I wanted to just sleep but I had to go pick up my youngest son from TKD class. After that I had dinner and headed to the quiet living room for a nap before getting up to perform server maintenance starting at midnight for my job. I'm now in the middle of updating firmware on two HP Blades prior to upgrading VMware ESXi to 5.1U2 on those same two blades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.