Monday, July 28, 2014

Squats Again I Love Squats

I barely got to the box in time to change clothes let alone in time to do my extra warm up before the workout started.

Start up
3rds
Walking heel grab
20 jax
200m run

Strength(20 mins)
Back Squat
Work up to 1rm

W.O.D
2RFT
20 squats(use med ball for depth)
20 chest to bar pull ups
200m run

Finisher
1 min couch stretch per side
1 min hip opener per side
1 min single,arm parallel per side
1 min max rep sit ups with anchor/partner

Observations from the start up. My legs and shoulders are really tight. I could barely grab my ankles, couldn't get the heel. I need to work on flexibility and suppleness. Running still sucks. The first 200M hurt my knee, the sharp stabbing pain again where I had surgery. I think I really need to do more warm up before running because it didn't hurt on the subsequent 200M runs.

Hooray for squats! We had 20 minutes to work up to a 1 rep maximum. I got 315 pounds! I haven't squatted weight since I lived in Chattanooga, TN 15+ years ago! And I did it without a belt. Those young whippersnappers in the gym better watch out! As long as I stay healthy I'm pretty sure I can catch them on squats and deadlifts.

The WOD was OK. Even after doing the max rep squat I was able to do the first set of 20 air squats down to a med ball unbroken. I had to do jumping chest to bar pullups I think I got through them in sets of 5. I made the it through the first 200M w/o walking! Yay! Second round I had to break my squats down into sets of 5, same for the chest2bar except I got stuck at 14 reps and had to do 3 then 3 more to get 20. I walked for about 20 or 30 steps in the middle of the second 200 but someone yelled "Come on Charles!" and I was able to rev up from my lumber to a real run for the last 75-80M!

The finisher was all good but for the 1 minute of situps. My core has always been a weak spot all the way back to my days of doing Kung Fu at Yale with Sifu Miles Brody. I only got 18 situps and my abs cramped up something fierce. No time for any extra cool down stuff today. It was closing time. I really need to get to the 0530 class or the 1715 class instead of 1815.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.