Sunday, July 20, 2014

Active Recovery Day

After my first official full-on Crossfit WOD on Friday I thought I would get up and get another WOD in on Saturday morning. However, I had to work from 0000 through about 0400 Saturday morning. After the work, I didn't even go lie down on the couch until about 0500, I didn't want to go bumbling around in the bedroom and wake up my wife. So, I probably fell asleep somewhere between 0530 and 0600. There was no way I was going to get up in time for an 0900 WOD. I was also so tired during the day that I didn't do any exercise.

I figured I would make today and active recovery day as Distinct Crossfit is closed on Sunday. My plan was to do Intu-Flow and walk yesterday followed by walking and Prasara Yoga today. Since I didn't do anything yesterday I combined it all for today.

My right ankle, the one I tore up as an 18 year old that prevented me from going to the US Military Academy, was really tight today. My hips are pretty tight, too. That made for a slow walk.

Intu-Flow Recovery Routine: 24 minutes, 170 Calories Burned
Walking: 55 minutes, 2.25 miles, 307 Calories Burned
Prasara Recovery Routine: 13 minutes, 243 Calories Burned

Total Time: 92 minutes
Total Calories Burned: 720 Calories Burned

Good workout. My plan for the upcoming week is to do Crossfit Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I'll do some kind of active recovery Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. If the rain stops I'll get some swimming in too. I've already got over 10K steps in! Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.