Tuesday, July 29, 2014

170 Pound Strict Free Standing Overhead Press

I was happy to see today's WOD on the Distinct Crossfit website! Until I noticed double unders, I can't jump rope worth shit! I've got to work on that skill. Everything else looked good...until I noticed an 800M run. We have run every single day I've been to the box. I think running of some sort has been programmed every day. I know I'll get better, I just need to keep doing it and lose weight.

Start up
20 PVC push press
20 halos per
20 band pull a parts
20 KBS

Strength
Strict press(20 min)
Work up to 1rm

Metcon
For time
2rds
20 double unders(du attempts)
20 hspu/mod strict press 65% of 1rm
20 box jump overs 30/24
RXers-Handstand pushups falling off the wall will be a no rep. Must lock out with control at the top while remaining on the wall.

Finisher
800m run
Stretch and roll

Before the start up, I did most of my normal Intu-Flow warm up routine, I just didn't get the last two movement which are for the knees and ankles. After the start up,  I worked up to 165 pounds on the press, then jumped up to 175 pounds. The third place record on the gym wall is 185 and I wanted that spot! I failed at 175. Coach Derrick suggested I drop back to 170 rather than having a second go at 175 and I got 170. It wasn't easy but I pushed through the sticking point and got it!

The metcon kinda sucked, like I said I can't do single unders reliably let alone double unders but I kept trying. I did the strict press instead of the Hand Stand Push Ups (hspu). I started out at 110 pounds but that was too heavy. I dropped down to 95 and was able to break the 20 into sets of 5. My box jump overs were done to a low box maybe 18 or 20 inches. I knew I wasn't ready for 30, I should have tried 24 though. My time was 15:40. I didn't monitor my time closely on the 800M run but it was about 7.5 to 8 minutes. I actually ran almost the whole 800M, but at about the halfway point there was a gentle upslope which reduced me to a walk. I did take the time to do my Prasara Yoga cool down routine once the run was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.